Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happenings!

I always seem to have a multitude of "activities" going on for myself, and this summer is no exception. Since finishing grad school about a month ago I have been working on getting some of my comic book research published.

I am currently writing an article that I am going to submit for a journal about sports comic books namely comics from DC's Strange Sports Stories. I am also writing a review for the Journal of Popular Culture on Michelle Nolan's book, Love on the Racks. I just started reading the book, but it is really enjoyable so far. Once I am farther in I will update on that.

This summer though won't be all work and no play though. Next week I am leaving for Chicago to attend two conventions. You can find me at...

  • BrickWorld -- June 19th through 22nd (http://www.brickworld.us/). Yup, a LEGO convention. Dorky, I know. :)
and
  • Wizard World Chicago -- June 26th through 29th (http://www.wizardworld.com/chicago.html)
I am very excited for both! If you are going to be at Wizard World come see me at the UrbanSequence table in Artist's Alley!

More updates to come!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Independent scholar and museum professional specializing in 20th century American history and culture